Parks & Recreation Director: Sue Edmondson
Parks & Recreation Program Director: Amy Vrieze
Parks Superintendent: Tuff Anderson
Hours: Summer 8:30 am - 3:30 pm,
Labor Day through Memorial Day: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Phone: (641) 585-4860
Forest City lives up to its name with a high density of trees and woodlands in which to engage in recreation and gather with friends and family. Family fun is a priority in Forest City and the Forest City Parks & Recreation Department takes great pride in offering an abundance of parks with playground equipment and other amenities for playtime and relaxation! Plan a Trip to Forest City.
- Location: In the heart of Forest City, just east of Highway 69. Entrances off Highway 69 and East J Street.
- Size: 34.9 acres
- Facilities: 2 lighted baseball/softball diamonds with concession stand, playground equipment between ball fields, bike route and walking paths, Winnebago River water trail (low impact canoe/kayak access), Lions Club memorial shelter and kiosk, disc golf course
- Location: Adjacent to the east side of Pammel Park and the Winnebago River. Entrance to Eastwoods Park is off East J Street (south side.)
- Size: 29.4 acres, wooded.
- Facilities: 2 playground areas, 3 gazebos, 2 grills, shelter house, disc golf course
- Location: Use entrance to Eastwoods on East J Street (south side.) Follow trail approximately ½ mile.
- Facilities: Open shelter with water, electricity, restroom, 3-15’ picnic tables, fireplace, and playground equipment.
Reservations are taken April 1 – September 30; contact the Forest City Parks & Recreation Department at (641) 585-4860.
Fee $25 per day for reservation.
Thomas Bearse Park:
- Location: Entrance is off East J Street (north side), next to the Winnebago River, across from the entrance to Eastwoods Park.
- Size: 7.1 acres
- Facilities: Small parking area, picnic tables, gazebo, and sign commemorating Thomas Bearse as the first settler of Winnebago County.
- Location: On Park Street.
- Size: 6 acres
- Facilities: 1 small slide, 1 large slide, 1 large climbing apparatus, 1 spring animal, 2 swing sets, 2 benches and 2 picnic tables.
- Location: north end of Gilbert Street in a residential area.
- Size: 1 acre
Facilities: “Tot Lot” with playground unit, gazebo, playhouse, and swing
Rotary - Westgate Park:
- Location: Neighborhood park located in the Westgate housing subdivision. Entrance is off of Westwood Court and Westgate Drive.
- Size: 2 acres
- Facilities: Playground equipment, gazebo, basketball court, and several benches.
- Location: Neighborhood park located in the Woodland Housing Subdivision.
- Size: 1 acre
- Facilities: 2 picnic tables, 2 benches, play unit equipped with 3 slides, a swing, and a log roll.
- Location: John K. Hanson Drive across from the Waldorf College football field.
- Facilities: 3 quarter pipes, 1 half pipe, 1 half pyramid with grind ledge, 1 wide jump box, 1 wide wedge, 1 kinked rail, and 1 long grind rail.
Water, electricity, restroom, picnic tables and a fireplace - playground equipment on south side. Reservations are taken after April 1st at a $25.00 Fee.
Forest City Family Aquatic Center
A 285,869 gallon aquatic center equipped with large run out slide, small play unit, large play unit, 1 meter board, 3 meter board, small drop slide, basketball hoop, current channel, 7 geysers, and therapy jets. Bathhouse with entrance, boy and girls change areas, 2 family change areas, guard room, concession stand, mechanical room, and 2 chemical rooms. Parking lot for 90 + cars and playground area. Learn More »
- Location: John K. Hanson Drive near Waldorf College Field House.
- Facilities: 4 courts complete with windscreens in a fenced in recreational area.
No fee to play; open seasonally.
Pammel Park Campground:
- Location: use the Pammel Park entrance off East J Street (south side.) Located next to the Winnebago River, near the suspension bridge.
- Facilities: 43 parking pads with RV power outlets, showerhouse/restroom building, RV dumpstation, and playground nearby.
Overnight fee is $15.00, payable at campground.